Ubuntu 21.04 Beta has been released earlier this month, the version codenamed “Hirsute Hippo”, including desktop, server, and cloud versions, as well as Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu Budgie, Ubuntu Kylin, Ubuntu MATE, Ubuntu Studio And Xubuntu, and other different desktop environment versions.
The announcement shows that the Ubuntu 21.04 RC version is expected to be released on the 15th of this month, and the official version is expected to be released on the 22nd of this month.
- Use Linux 5.11 stable kernel
- Use GNOME 3.38 as the default desktop environment
- Mesa 21.0 provides the latest open-source graphics driver
- Use GCC 10 as the default code compiler
- Enable LTO optimization
- Support the use of standalone XWayland
- Better Wayland support, Wayland is enabled in the Ubuntu default desktop environment
- Upgrade package, such as LibreOffice 7.1