PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ newest update, Update 12.1, brings with it a remaster of Miramar. PUBG Update 12.1 is available on PC right now. Consoles will be getting the update on June 10.
The map was slightly refreshed back in 2019, but the new update gives it a visual overhaul making use of technology and technique used in newer maps like Paramo and Haven.
PUBG Update 12.1 Details
Alongside the remastering of the Miramar map, here are a few other things you can look forward to in PUBG’s latest update.
- El Solitario Collaboration: Set to go on through the end of the year, players can get El Solitario-themed cosmetics, as well as the Desert Wolves off-road bike. Two outfits that are part of the collaboration are currently available—the El Solitario Biker Set, and the El Solitario Wolf Set. Both sets come with unique helmets, body suits, gloves, and boots.
- New Ranked Season: With the latest update, PUBG is kicking off a new season for its ranked mode. Rewards earned by players during the previous season will be automatically added to their inveotories. The new ranked season will run for two months.
- Weapon Skin Upgrade System: Update 12.1 is bringing with it a new weapon skin upgrade system, which allows players to evolve the look of cosmetics. Only certain weapon skins can be upgraded this way, and the process requires in-game materials and goods. The new upgradeable skins can be acquired from the Weapon Skin Lucky Box.
- New Weapon: PUBG’s newest weapon is the L6 Lynx AMR. Available through Care Packages in normal matches in Miramar, the L6 Lynx AMR is the first Anti-Material Rifle in the game. The new rifle will be capable of taking out armoured players or vehicles effectively. The weapon has been specifically designed to be a hard counter against vehicles.
- New Vehicle: Update 12.1’s remaster of Miramar brings with it a new all-terrain vehicle. The vehicle has been modelled after a racing-style ATV, and includes a rear seat for a second player.
- Lobby Ball: Players can now find and play with a football in the starting island as they wait for the match to start.